Friday, June 27, 2008

Look out, Design Star!





So, Melanie and I did a little home decorating last weekend. She had several large prints that were outdated, but the frames were still good. So, being the loyal HGTV watcher that I am, I suggested we steal an idea, and fill the good frames with some fabric swatches as art. She has a chocolate brown sofa, red chair, and a cool TV cabinet with an Asian flair (it came from Austin Auction a year or so ago). These were our inspirations as we set off to Calico Corners. I have to say, I think we did pretty darn well for beginners! What do you think? Cool art for under $50. Note Callie playing the part of Vanna White.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She uses the word "we" cuz she is so nice like that. I take ZERO credit for this idea and how fabulously it turned out! She is the bomb - but we all already knew that, right? :)