Preparing the science project was not without tears at our house. Many tears, many days. Perhaps the struggle was worth it? She got a 1st place ribbon and medal and, most importantly, was very proud. Her teacher gave her a perfect score plus bonus point. We have no way of knowing what scores the other 2 judges awarded. By the way, there were multiple (5-ish?) 1st place ribbons per grade. Her project was not awarded a "Best in Show" ribbon which would have allowed her to go on to the citywide competition. I was relieved I didn't have to add that to our schedule. Does that make me a bad mom???
By the way, based on our experiment, don't waste your money on the Green Bags. However, my mom and uncle swear by them. Madden found that the green bags extend the life of a banana approximately 1 day. For grapes, there was no benefit.
2 comments:
Congrats on Madden's blue ribbon on her science project!! How happy she must of been. And your right about the green bags. I tried them and no lasting results. I was disappointed too because i eat alot of fruit and i need my fruit to last longer so im not going to the grocery all the time.
Congrats on a successful science fair!
Post a Comment