Exciting backyard news to report!!!
Hootie didn't leave the owl house. He has apparently just been very busy caring for his baby owlets! Callie made the discovery yesterday. She mentioned a couple of times that she had seen Hootie, but he never appeared when anyone else went to investigate. I have to admit, I was dubious. But sure enough, at dusk yesterday, as Callie was practicing handstands in the backyard and I was completing my spray paint project, a little feathered head poked out of the house. But instead of Hootie's little head, it was a much smaller feathered friend. As we kept watch, another little feathered head appeared! Two baby owlets!!! There may be more, but we only saw two heads at once, so that's all we can confirm. About 20 minutes after our discovery, Hootie swooped into the yard delivering what must have been an evening meal to his brood. Madden has dubbed her baby owl, "Harry Potter," and Callie has named her owlet "Harriet the Spy."
The only thing better than a backyard owl is THREE (+?) backyard owls! Hip, Hip, Hooray for Hootie, Harry and Harriet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This made my night!!
that is so cool Monika! How exciting to have that happen in your yard. I bet your glad you put the owl box up there.
oops im the Anonymous(Kathy)
Post a Comment