The 6th graders must take one of these in order to fulfill their International Baccalaureate (IB) Fine Arts requirement. The band and orchestra both offer an Instrument Try-Out where every instrument is available for the students to try. So cool! The students are rated from 1-5, with 5 being ideal, on each instrument. Essentially, if they score a 4 or 5, they are allowed to play that instrument. Madden tried out the flute (4), clarinet (4.5), trumpet (3), euphonium (4), trombone (4), saxophone (3), percussion intruments (5), violin, viola, and cello (no ratings on orchestra instruments).



So what did she choose? (Drumroll please....)

PERCUSSION!!!

Yes, I now have a drummer in my house to go along with the guitar, piano and endless singing. We've got our own family band. Help me! I'll have no choice but to go shopping during band practice. (I know Uncle Glennie must be so proud to have someone carrying on his legacy!)
1 comment:
I knew it would be percussion!! You are the perfect fit! Nana
Post a Comment