Monday, February 28, 2011

Texlake










Took Madden's Girls Scout Troop to Camp Texlake over the weekend. My Girl Scout leader, my mom, came with us to help chaperone! We actually had a good, exhausting time. I listened to more Justin Bieber than I ever thought possible. The girls spent most free time making up dances, building a fort and playing board games. We also made dog toys to donate to the Austin Humane Society, had some fun at the archery field (all of the girls had tried archery at least once before at the 5th grade campout, so there were a fair amount of bullseyes!), learned how to build and put out a fire, and of course, there were hot dogs and s'mores!!! Pretty good old-fashioned fun. Mom and I sat on the front porch of the cabin and read our books a bit which was relaxing. I was out there Saturday night when a raccoon started walking up the steps. Not sure who was freaked out more when we saw each other!! Let's just say, I am NOT a natural at the outdoors thing, but I think I faked it pretty well.

No comments: