Every Dream a Reality
By Callie Wilson
“Woof!” When I hear that noise it makes me feel good, because it’s the voice of a dog. I love animals so it seems perfect that I should be a veterinarian. I have wanted to be a vet since I was about five. There are lots of reasons why I want this job, and here are some reasons.
This job appeals to me because, well, I love animals! I have two dogs, Ruby and Finn. Ruby is a seven year old lab mix. She is so sweet and lives for her Frisbee. Finn is an adorable cattle dog at four months and is very hyper! I also love horseback riding! I love horseback riding, because not only do you ride the horse, you take care of it. You have to wash it, feed it, saddle it and love it. You have to love animals if you’re going to be a vet! When I grow up I have dreamed of waking up, going to my vet office, then coming home to two hundred dogs, sixty turtles and thirty horses. Crazy, right?
Here is why I think I can become a veterinarian. One day last year our dog Scout was lying on her bed, but she was usually up by then. I noticed this and told my parents, and they said they would take her to the vet the next day. Sadly they couldn’t, because that night she died. I knew something was wrong that morning. Another time recently, Finn was in my lap looking up at me, and I noticed one side of his nose was puffier than the other side. I told my mom, and she saw it too. We told my dad, and he said he would take Finn to the vet the next morning. Sure enough, the next morning my dad took him to the vet, and Finn had a cut on his gum which was infected, so his nose was swelling. My dad told the vet that I discovered it, and she was impressed. She said a vet needs to know how a dog feels because dogs can’t talk. She thought I did a good job of that. That made me excited! Maybe my dream will become a reality!
I am confident that my love of animals combined with hard work and studying, I can become a great veterinarian! “Woof!” That’s what I want to hear when I go to work.
| Callie pictured with language arts teacher, Doss Principal, Vice Principal and proud mommy! |
2 comments:
Wonderful writing!!!
Great essay Callie.
Post a Comment