Just came across this blog post, "Why We Humblebrag About Being Busy," and boy, does it hit home in the midst of the back-to-school frenzy!
Here's a snippet: "The asset we’re overvaluing now is the notion of doing it all, having it all, achieving it all; what Jim Collins calls the undisciplined pursuit of more. Wouldn’t it feel liberating and energizing to clean out the closets of our overstuffed lives and give away the nonessential items, so we can focus our attention on the few things that truly matter?"
I certainly agree with the sentiment, but find it very challenging to "just say no." I heard a keynote speaker, Haley Rushing, a few weeks ago who encouraged us to live "purpose-driven lives." It's hard to live a life of purpose when I'm too busy to determine what my purpose should be!
"Where your talents and the needs of the world cross, there lies your purpose." -Aristotle
Food for thought. Let me know if anyone has any sage words of advice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment