Sunday, March 23, 2008

Out of my comfort zone


Trying something new here...blogging. Hmmm, not really sure how, when or if this will take shape, but I was inspired by Melinda and Eric's blog. It seems a nice way to keep folks up-to-date with the happenings of our family. And also, a potential outlet for my various rantings and ravings, joys and concerns. We shall see how it goes.

For starters, the Easter Bunny visited last night! We learned through one of our library books, Everything About Easter Rabbits (I can't figure out how to underline on this blog), that there are 3 varieties of Easter Bunnies: the GENUINE ORIGINAL Easter Rabbit, the Hardworking Easter Rabbits, and the (last but not least, and mommy's favorite) World-Traveling Easter Rabbit. We have decided that our personal Easter Bunny is of the World-Traveling variety, which means he shops at the Easter Rabbit department store, where he can pick out whatever he would like to deliver to the good girls. This would explain how he is able to end up with those Old Navy flip-flops and t-shirts in our Easter baskets. This is no dumb Bunny!

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter! Our church service was highlighted by a brilliant singing performance. This man sang what started out as a traditional-type hymn and ended up a gospel hand-clapper. It truly moved me to tears, it was so joyful.






6 comments:

Melanie said...

I like the idea!!! My question is how do you find the time?? :)

Monika said...

Well, I am hoping to put much of the information here that in the past I would have sent out in emails, so hopefully, it ends up taking only about the same amount of time. And then I am not clogging up people's emails. We'll see.....

Anonymous said...

Cool ski video!!! Who's the rock star skiier behind the camera?

Monika said...

Some ski bum I picked up on the lift!

Melanie said...

It looks like the girls did such a good job skiing!! So much fun!!

Kevan said...

Good stuff Moni! I am feeling like a bit of an under-achiever now! I bet you find time to scrapbook, too, huh? :-) The house is looking superb. Is the mudroom color virtual taupe? I looks awesome!