Saturday, July 19, 2008

Surgery Went Well!

Well, by all accounts, my surgery went as well as it could have! Much better than expected. I was prepared that they would only do the bone grafting and stitch me up. Ended up they were able to bone graft, place the implant AND place a temporary crown in place. This was only a very remote possibility going in, so I ended up with the best possible outcome. Yea! This means no retainer with a fake tooth! I am off the vicodin this morning and trying it out with Ibuprofen. So far so good.

I have a follow up appt in 2 weeks and many weeks of healing to do before I will end up with my 2 new permanent crowns. This is the link to what was done if you dare: http://www.austinperio.com/dental_implants_austin_tx/index.html.

Many thanks for all your well wishes and prayers. Keep them coming that the implant will "take" well.

No comments: