Hurray to Madden and Uncle Jeff for their hard work on the Science Fair. Madden came home with a 2nd Place ribbon. Great work!
And Aunt Wendy found this NY Times article about Science Fairs that I found interesting. I am also extremely frustrated (already) with her Middle School next year. She is not allowed to sign up for the Accelerated Science class because she only has a 92 (A-) average in science for the 1st semester and not the mandated 94 (A). REALLY?? Because we want to be discouraging girls from taking advanced science in this day and age?!? I am drafting a letter, of course, not that it will do any good with the beauracracy of our public schools....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Monika, Just sign her up. The computer puts them in the first time through. You often don't get what they sign up for anyway, but if you do, you are golden. You know she will rock the class anyway! If you don't get what you want, and you can't prove she has the grade, then you are stuck. Worth a shot. Think I shoved H in some with a 94 when he was supposed to have a 95 last year....:)
omg...i didn't give my self that name! Did you name me that?
I am cracking up at your name - no it is not from me! I tried to do that, but Mrs. Throm busted me (lots of people) and changed it back on the choice sheet. Ridiculous!
Post a Comment